Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Amazing World of Plushies!

I always had a thing for arts & crafts. I was good, but not THAT good. I tried, I gave it my best, but its not one of those things that I'm really good at. Or so I thought. 

Miss V was organizing an event to collect money for a group of Homeschooled kids (and parents). The event is called Quarts, Parchment and Sheers (QPS for short). It is just another way of saying rock, paper, scissors! lol This event is gonna be like a mini fair where food is gonna be sold, there is gonna be entertainment and a QPS tournament (yes a tournament!). One of the activities on the event will be an auction of home-made plushies. Here is were my arts & crafts rabbles come in place lol.

For some reason Miss V thought that I was any good at it and invited me. Well, I gave it a shot. Since I was looking for something to keep me occupied, I thought that the making of the plushie was gonna take me so long it would keep me busy for ever! lol

Since this is an event for kids mainly, the plushies have to be kids friendly, I thought of making them about an existing cartoon. There are a lot of pretty cool ones out there, but for some reason The Amazing World of Gumball got stuck in my head. I went and got all of the material and printed out a picture of Gumball and a picture of Darwin, cut it and made a pattern with it.

I discovered something really important while working with the plushies... I cannot use patterns! All of the pieces came out too small, but the head came out too big in comparison. I had to add and add and add fabric 'til I finally got them to a better size. It was very challenging due to all the little pieces and still not being that good at sewing, but they came out great. One of Gumball's hand is bigger than the other, same with his feet. Gumball is way bigger than Darwin. It is supposed to be like that, but I made Gumball way to tall. (>.<)

I took my time and did my best. To me they look awesome! They came out way better thn expected. There are some plushies from the other participants that look amazing, but I'm very proud of mine!



I sure hope they can find a good home! All of the moneys will go toward the purchase of equipment and other needed things for the Happy Homeschool Kids.

1 comment:

  1. hello, my name is Chris and I have long been looking for a stuffed darwing, know if any shop that sell them? I need a stuffed animal before November: S

    ReplyDelete