Wednesday, January 11, 2012

~~~ A Gijinka Story ~~~

So, one of the projects that I will be working with this year is in a My Little Pony inspired Gijinka Photoshoot this Summer. I have always LOVE My Little Pony. I used to have 6 - 8 G1 ponies and the stable. Things happen and thanks to my ex I lost them all, but that is another story. Thanks to the magic of *angelic chorus sings* ebay, I have being able to locate some of the ones I used to have and will buy them. Mainly the ones I used to have.
Anyway, gijinka is a Japanese word meaning humanoid or anthropomorphic. It is nothing more than the human representation of something that other wise is not. People representing animals, computers (even hardware, software and internet sites), food, cigarettes, the zodiac... you name it! In the cosplay world, the most commonly seen gijinkas are Pokemon, My Little Pony, Digimon, along others. Kemonomimi (wearing animal ears) is also considered a form of gijinka so is the (weird yet awesome) sub culture of furries. 



- Furry - 


- Furry - 


- Pokemon Gijinka of Jigglypuff -


- Pokemon Gijinka of Azumarill -


- Kemonomimi-


- Kemonomimi-




- MLP Gijinka of Rainbow Dash -


- MLP Gijinka Sample of (left to right) Sparkle Twinkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinky Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy -
These are just samples! The gijinka world is not limited to this, there is so much more! Specially thanks to cosplaying anime and manga characters.

Between now and this photoshoot I have a ton of other projects, but since this one is so special to me, I decided to tackle this one first. My other 4 projects are in the making too, one of the almost finished.

Though I will not yet disclose which pony I will do my gijinka of, I will show around some of the items I have bought so far. Wanna keep people guessing lol. All I'm saying is that it is not from the G4 series ^.^ As my outfit progresses I will keep posting more details till the day of the photoshoot!



2 comments:

  1. Hey I appreciate the love on my photo, but would have liked to have been asked permission before my Azumarill photo was used. I don't see my name or a link to where people can find my work anywhere with the image. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for contacting me! I will be more than happy to add a link to the picture and give you total credit for it. I found the picture on tumblr looong time ago and since it was a repost it was hard to track the original source. Other than the page posted on the image itself, I couldnt find any other info about it.

      Delete